Farm Shop of the Year
To be eligible to enter this category the business must be based on a farm or run by a farm, and receive at least 40% of its meat from that farm in the course of a calendar year.
Please cover the following criteria in your entry submission:
- Describe your shop, including the size and turnover, highlighting special features and any newly introduced elements
- How many staff does the shop employ and what staff progression procedures are in place, such as training
- How is the shop marketed and promoted?
- How has the business grown and what plans are in place for the next year?
- Describe your sourcing/supply chain structures
- What initiatives have you undertaken in the past year? – e.g., National Butchers’ Week
- Tell us about your involvement with the local community
- What additional products and services are offered outside the standard butcher’s shop?
- What proportion of sales is accounted for by traditional butchery?