New Butchery Business of the Year
This award is for new entrants to the butchery business and is open to any shop opened within the last two years from 1 June 2018. Please note, this category does not apply to existing businesses opening a new branch.
Please cover the following criteria in your entry submission:
- Describe your shop, including the size and turnover, highlighting any special or innovative features
- How many staff does the shop employ? and what staff progression procedures are in place? Such as training
- How is the shop marketed and promoted?
- How has the business changed since launch? and what plans are in place to continue to grow your operations?
- What inspired you to open the shop and come into the butchery trade?
- Describe your sourcing/supply chain structures
- What initiatives have you undertaken in the last year? – e.g National Butchers’ Week
- Tell us about your involvement in the local community