Terms of entry
Butcher’s Shop of the Year Awards 2017 (the “Awards”)
Terms and conditions of entry
- Any employees (and their families) of William Reed Business Media Ltd, its agents and anybody professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible for entry.
- The Overall winner from 2016 cannot enter for three years. Main category winners such as Farm Shop of the Year, Halal Butcher’s Shop of the Year, Online Butchery Business of the Year cannot enter for a period of 12 months if they won in the 2016 awards. (The only exception to this is Innovation of the Year Award which can be won by the same butchery business but only for a different innovation). All regional category winners can enter the 2017 competition unless they went on to win the overall award Butcher’s Shop of the Year 2016.
- By entering the Awards the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and to be bound by them. These terms and conditions include any instructions set out with the online Entry Form.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- All entries must be entered online by 5pm on Monday 7th August 2017. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online and completed in full with accompanying payment.
- Entrants who notify the Organiser that they wish to withdraw their entry prior to Monday 7th August, 2017, will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
- Entries, supporting materials and products will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
- Entries must be submitted by the person responsible for the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
- The judges may decline to make an award for any region if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
- The Award winners will each receive a trophy.
- The finalists will be announced in the week commencing 11th September 2017. All finalists will be notified via email.
- Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on 6th November 2017 at etc.venues County Hall, London.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
- The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting the awards is final and legally binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organiser reserves the right at the time of judging to change the requested category, dependent on appropriateness.
- Details of the winners will be published in Meat Trades Journal in December 2017.
- Any winner may publicise a winning category Award provided the year in which it was won is stated. The Organiser licenses any winner to use the Awards logo in connection with its Award until 31st December 2019, as long as the artwork is previously sent for approval.
- Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
- By entering the Awards, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.